Action 24 is a Zimbabwean non-governmental organization and the Southern Africa Regional Node for ACCESS Coalition. Their mission is to assist communities to fight and respond to climate change challenges and impacts.
The organization was founded in 2009 and is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. Their main focus areas are in climate change, renewable energy and disaster risk reduction.
Over the years, Action 24 has engaged communities through innovation and community-based approaches that drive behavior change in the society, inspiring more people to adopt renewable energy technologies.
Action 24 coordinates ACCESS Coalition’s members in Southern African in line with the three work streams of implementation of SDG 7 on energy access, capacity development and learning for members, engagement strategies with AfDB and World Bank on energy access and just energy transition issues.
- Contributed to the Zimbabwe National Climate-Smart Agriculture Manual.
- Contributed to the development of the Climate Change Response Policy and Strategy in Zimbabwe.
- Formed part of the Steering Committee on awareness-raising for the Zimbabwe Nationally Determined Contributions.
- Compiled a documentary on the ‘Just-Energy-Transition’ for coal mining communities.
- Commissioned a study assessing AfDB financial flows towards renewable energy projects and investment in Zimbabwe.
Leave A Comment