In order to be eligible for membership, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be an independent (local, national, regional or international) Civil Society Organization/ Practitioner/ Network.
Have an in-depth understanding of the group’s mission and values, and commitment to them.
Have the ability and capacity to participate virtually and in person in the group’s activities and represent its mission.
Have a strong interest in energy access and /or sustainable development issues (we strongly encourage members with a focus on related development issues and an emerging interest in energy access to join the Coalition).
- Have an expertise in one or more of the following: research, advocacy, implementation and a strong interest in advocacy priorities of the Coalition.
Roles and Responsibilities of individual Members
- Actively support the Mission of ACCESS.
- Participate in and contribute to implementing the strategy- at International, Regional and/or National levels.
- Participate and/or contribute to ACCESS’ knowledge and capacity building initiatives, including the newsletter, blog, social media feed.
- Follow the guidelines laid out for the use of Discussion lists and emails.
Share information, advocacy opportunities with the International Secretariat and amongst members.
Collaborate with other ACCESS members through Working Groups, Regional strategy delivery, Outreach, International events and activities and so on.
- Share information on ACCESS with external stakeholders.
All individuals who represent ACCESS member organizations are allowed post to the email list so long as they comply with the criteria for acceptable information listed below. If there are concerns about any material posted to the email list, these should be directed to the Coordinator in the first instance.